fbpx

2020 Australian Coaching Conference registrations soar

Despite enduring a difficult season due to COVID-19, more than 1200 participants have registered for the 2020 Australian Coaching Conference.

Despite enduring a difficult season with setbacks due to COVID-19, more than 1200 participants have registered for the 2020 Australian Coaching Conference.

The unbelievable milestone has been achieved with the conference set to take place in a few weeks on Saturday 28 November.

Football NSW normally hold this event at their headquarters of Valentine Sports Park, but restrictions caused by the pandemic have led to it going online. It’s meant that more coaches have got on board, with those from across the country, Asia and even the UK, Brazil and the United States.

“Having made the decision to go online this year, we have collaborated and worked well with FFA, Football Coaches Australia and the other Member Federations to ensure that as many coaches as possible had access to some of the wonderful speakers and content that we are providing,” Peter Hugg, Football NSW’s Head of Football said.

“Having reached 1200 registrants already, our goal is now more than 1500 which will be a tremendous achievement.

“We have already announced legendary coach, Arsene Wenger, formerly of Arsenal and now with FIFA, and he will kick off the day, and last week, we announced that two iconic players of women’s football, Julie Foudy and Brandi Chastain – both of the champion US Women’s team of the nineties – and they will chat with former Matildas’ coach Tom Sermanni.

“Some more big names will be rolled out over the next few weeks leading into the day”.

With the conference going online, participants will have the ability to watch the event and then have access to it later for future reference.

“The technology platform that we have invested in for this year’s Conference is similar to that offered by many of today’s streaming services,” Chris Adams, Manager of Coach Development said.

“That is to say, that whilst the Conference is formally held on Saturday 28 November, and registrants will be able to participate and watch it on that day, those who can’t will have access to all the content after the event, and will be able to continually refer to it over the course of the summer and throughout next season ‘on-demand’.

“The same obviously applies with the four themes and the sessions that are held simultaneously. We have sessions on youth development, coaching the female player, football science, medicine and research and learnings from the international scene, grassroots football and some further content on futsal, and the coaching of special population groups.

“What has been particularly pleasing is that a number of clubs and associations have taken up our special offer and ‘bulk purchased’ our discounted club deal, essentially offering coaches within their organisation the opportunity to participate and benefit from the learnings and further their own development. Whilst our early bird offer has concluded, the club offer will remain until the event.”

“FFA have approved 30 CPD points for participation in the event for those seeking to maintain their FFA Accreditation, but regardless, I am confident that there will be something here for everyone”.

Registrations for the 2020 Australian Coaching Conference are still open and you can apply here.

Liam Watson is the Managing Editor at Soccerscene. He reports widely on football policy, industry matters and technology.

Sky Sports extends rights to NIFL

The Northern Ireland Football League has announced that Sky Sports will be the exclusive broadcaster of Football in the region once again.

The Northern Ireland Football League has announced that Sky Sports will once again be the exclusive broadcaster of top-flight football in the region for the next three years.

The Irish League has had a long-lasting partnership with Sky over the years and the agreement will see the relationship in place until the end of the 2024/25 season.

The new agreement will see four Danske Bank Premiership fixtures and the BetMcLean League Cup final broadcast live across the UK & Ireland each season.

Northern Ireland Football Chief Executive, Gerard Lawlor:

“We sincerely thank Sky Sports for their continued backing of our game and we look forward to showcasing some of the best NI Football League matches together over the next three seasons,” he said.

“To continue to have the invaluable support of such a high-profile broadcaster shows how far our league has progressed in recent years as we bring our game to an increasing audience of loyal fans.

“The NI Football League brand is continuing to grow outside of the confines of Northern Ireland, and through Sky Sports, many football fans are now becoming more familiar with the rich history of our clubs and as well as some of the household names that have played in the Irish League.”

Sky Sports Director of Football, Gary Hughes:

“As a long-term partner to the Northern Ireland Football League, we’re delighted to extend Sky Sports’ support of the league and ensure that its entertaining action continues to be available to our customers,” he said.

“Sky Sports customers will be able to enjoy the Northern Ireland Football league alongside our ever-expanding football offering in the UK & Ireland which includes over 500 live games in 2022, from the Premier League, EFL, Scottish Premiership and FA Women’s Super League as well as international action in the form of World Cup Qualifiers, and this month’s Africa Cup of Nations – placing Sky Sports as the home of live football.”

Valencia CF presents revised stadium upgrade plans

Valencia CF President Anil Murthy has stated the club will not deliver a “low-cost stadium” after holding talks with Mayor Joan Ribó over reviving the long-running Nuevo Mestella project.

Valencia CF President Anil Murthy has stated the club will not deliver a “low-cost stadium” after holding talks with Mayor Joan Ribó over reviving the long-running Nuevo Mestella project.

Valencia’s stadium, the Nuevo Mestalla, was originally under construction in 2009. However, over the last 12 years, due to financial issues and negotiation breakdowns, construction has never been completed and the situation has become known as one of the world’s most notorious stadium projects.

Murthy presented revised plans to a Council delegation led by Ribó, with the club seeking to recommence work on the stadium in order to ensure it retains the advantages granted to it under an ATE construction license given in 2012.

The plans presented to the council include a stadium capacity between 43,000 to 46,000, expandable to 60,000. The stadium would have a second ring dedicated almost exclusively to leisure and restaurant offerings, while the roof will be fitted with solar panels in an effort to drive sustainability.

Valencia Mayor, Joan Ribo:

“Initially it is proposed for a capacity comparable to that which the (Mestalla) stadium currently has (48,500), but expandable to 62,000 spectators. But I think this is not the fundamental element,” he said.

“The fundamental element is the novelty of this second ring that has seemed to me to be a remarkable element that is not in many football stadia. They propose a roof that is made of photovoltaic panels, which is an example at that level that I want to value.

“They have assured us that they have guarantees with the bank where they have the debt, which is now Caixabank.

“They have presented us with a calendar where in June 2022 the works of the sports centre would begin, in October 2022 the start of the works of the stadium and in August 2024 the inauguration of the new Mestalla. The calendar seems realistic and possible, but if it is not met, they will listen to us.”

In December, Valencia revealed plans to use funds from LaLiga’s strategic venture, with global investment fund CVC Capital Partners to help finance the construction of its new stadium. Valencia is reportedly set to receive approximately $189 million AUD from LaLiga as part of the LaLiga Impulso venture. $125 million of which is set to head to the stadium project.

Valencia CF President, Anil Murthy:

“The meeting has been very positive. After the two meetings with the Generalitat, today we have taken an important step by formally presenting the project we have to the important institution, which is the City Council,” he said.

“We have agreed on recommencing work as soon as possible, after presenting the project to the Generalitat and the City Council.

“Nobody talks about a low-cost stadium. It’s going to be a stadium that’s going to give a lot of people a lot of hope and it’s going to mean a lot of investment in the city. It’s going to be something different and something attractive.”

© 2021 Soccerscene Industry News. All Rights reserved. Reproduction is prohibited.

Most Popular Topics

Editor Picks