Vicsport have completed their 2019 Annual General Meeting and confirmed that Peter Filopoulos has been elected as a non-executive Director, along with Jamie Parsons.
Ron Gauci has also been re-elected by Vicsport’s affiliate members as part of a voting process.
Filopoulos and Parsons and will join the Vicsport board consisting of Ron Gauci (Chairman), Catherine Harding, Margot Foster AM, Tim Large (ex-officio), Derek O’Leary, Susan Smith, Simon Brookhouse and Tanya Gallina.
Filopoulos and Parsons have been identified by Vicsport as people who will bring a vast amount of experience from different organisations throughout the sports industry and are both passionate about advancing Victorian sport.
You can read more about Filopoulos, Parsons and Gauci’s background below:
- Has 25 years experience as an accomplished senior C-Suite executive in sports administrations with Australia’s major sports and entertainment brands.
- Is currently the CEO of Football Victoria (FV), overseeing the state’s 400,000 strong organised participation base across men, women, boys and girls of all abilities across more than 360 clubs.
- His role at FV has seen a 24% rise in participation for 2018 in line with the four-year strategic plan.
- Played a key role at Perth Glory before joining FV, having guided them through the salary cap issues they faced in the 2014/15 season, while ensuring he played a role in their business transformation for the future.
- Has developed a strong reputation as a sports and entertainment executive, with past work including eight years with AFL clubs Hawthorn and North Melbourne, seven years at Marvel Stadium (Etihad at the time) and 18 months with National Sporting Organisation, Swimming Australia.
- Has a business degree, a graduate diploma in law and 30 years experience contributing to the sport, recreation, art and cultural sectors.
- A previous board member at Little Athletics Victoria and Football Federation Victoria, along with leadership roles at Netball Australia, World Swimming Championships and Deaflympics Games.
- Is the current CEO at Gymnastics Victoria where he has helped coordinate the Women in Sport Breakfast that has become a staple for the Victorian sporting calendar.
- Initially appointed to the Vicsport board in 2016 and served as Chairman since 2017.
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- Significant experience in transformational strategy development.
- Has held directorship positions with many sport related boards including CAMS Foundation, Softball Australia, Melbourne Aces Baseball Club and is a former CEO and Executive Director of the Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club.
Vicsport has offered its sincere gratitude to outgoing Directors Andrew Walton and Richard Amon.