PSG confirms it is seeking to leave Parc des Princes

Paris Saint-Germain’s President Nasser Al Khelaifi has confirmed that the club will try to leave the Parc des Princes stadium after Paris’ city council confirmed that the stadium was not for sale.

This comes after PSG also ended their interest in purchasing France’s iconic Stade de France because it was too far east from where the club is based. The club set to explore other options in its search to expand its home.

Initially, the club had set out plans to buy the Parc des Princes outright and invest a lot of money into upgrades. These upgrades included increasing the stadium’s capacity from around 48,000 to 60,000 and improving the corporate area.

The club consistently sells out the stadium for its games, exceeding $150 million in stadium revenue for the 2022-23 financial year. However, PSG has stressed that the stadium is too small and is limiting the club’s commercial opportunities.

PSG Chief Revenue Officer Marc Armstrong explained the frustration that the club is experiencing with the current Parc de Princes situation.

“48,000 is not enough, we have the highest revenue per seat in Europe as of last season, and we’ll be there or thereabouts again this season, but we can do a lot more with a bigger stadium and we should be playing in front of 60,000 or 70,000 fans every week,” Armstrong said at a media session.

“We’ve been forced to look at other options and that’s how we see it, we don’t want to move. We want to stay at the Parc des Princes, but we have to look and have been looking seriously at other options for the last year.”

PSG have played at the Parc des Princes since their first appearance in the French top flight in 1974 and agreed a 30-year extension to their lease in 2013.

The club say they have arranged an emergency meeting for Thursday afternoon with their stadium team to begin this process.

This is a proactive approach by PSG who understand that the Parc de Princes is limiting the club from making more money with a new and larger stadium is more suitable.

Previous ArticleNext Article

Football Queensland and SW Brokerage begin new partnership

In an announcement made on Tuesday, Football Queensland revealed that SW Brokerage will become their new Official Financial Wellbeing Partner.

A partnership for on and off the pitch

By collaborating with SW Brokerage, Football Queensland now has an immensely experienced and knowledgable partner capable of pushing them towards their financial goals.

Football Queensland CEO, Robert Cavallucci, revealed his confidence that such an alliance will bring huge benefits to clubs and participants in Queensland.

“We’re delighted to welcome SW Brokerage to support our participants across the state to better understand the financial products and services they can benefit from through tailored financial education guides, articles and webinars,” Cavallucci said via official press release.

“As a Residential, Commercial and Business brokerage, SW Brokerage provides services for a variety of clients from first home buyers to commercial loans, SMSF lending and more, and bring a wealth of knowledge for our football community to tap into.”

As Football Queensland continues to form partnerships which can maximise growth and sustainability in the seasons to come, it is no wonder why bringing SW Brokerage on board is seen with such pride.

 

The foundations for a sustainable future

News of collaboration between SW Brokerage and Football Queensland represents another huge milestone for Football Queensland’s future.

In the last two months alone, Football Queensland revealed three partnership agreements, all of which reflect an ambition to support long-term growth across the region’s football pyramid.

  • Restore Function Physiotherapy – Official Physiotherapy Partner
  • BildGroup – Official Infrastructure and Surfacing Partner
  • SW Brokerage – Official Financial Wellbeing Partner

Additionally, if Queensland’s football community is to lay the foundations for future generations of players, coaches and industry leaders, partnerships of this nature will be essential.

They are not established as simple, short-term collaborations, but are effective alliances which can bring real benefits to all involved in the region’s football community.

About SW Brokerage

With over 100 years of combined experience, SW Brokerage is a trusted team of experienced professionals offering help and guidance with a multitude of financial solutions.

They offer services across residential, commercial, business, SMSF, medical and construction lending. However, despite their obvious financial prowess, they also valuable a personal approach. The team ensures that processes are simple and tailored to their clients needs and financial goals.

For more information about SW Brokerage, click here. 

Football Victoria Announces 2026 Country Championships To Be Held in Geelong

Football Victoria (FV) is delighted to confirm that the 2026 Football Victoria Country Championships will be staged in Geelong from June 6-8, 2026.

Over three days, the state’s top regional footballers will compete at Stead Park and Myers Reserve, home to Geelong SC and Geelong Rangers.

The Championships enter their second year under FV’s direct management. This marks the first event since the new regional football model launched in December 2025. Last year, Albury-Wodonga set a new standard. The event drew 4,000 visitors, 69 teams, and more than 1,200 players from across Victoria.

This year, eight regions converge at Geelong. Players, coaches, officials, and families will gather for one of the most anticipated tournaments in the competition’s 40-year history. The Championships remain central to FV’s talent identification strategy. Regional players have a prime opportunity to impress FV’s Talent ID team.

Regional Development Manager Lauren Stevens said she is proud to oversee the event for a second year. “This is the biggest annual celebration of regional playing talent. We’re thrilled to bring the Country Championships to Geelong in 2026,” Stevens said. “With great venues and strong support from the City of Greater Geelong, Football Victoria Geelong, Geelong SC, and Geelong Rangers, this will be an enormous event. We look forward to welcoming every region for a special weekend of football.”

CEO Dan Birrell highlighted the Championships’ vital role for regional football and the FV talent pathway. “This tournament remains one of Victoria’s longest-running football events. It’s a key pillar in our talent identification program. I look forward to celebrating another outstanding Championships with the regional football community.”

Most Popular Topics

Editor Picks

Send this to a friend